Located in Northern California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, Bear Valley is the ideal location for kids, families and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages to build their snow sports skills while enjoying the world class beauty of the environment.
Founded in 2001 as the Bear Valley Race Team Foundation, Bear Valley Snowsports Education Foundation has evolved to support all Bear Valley’s teams including All Mountain Development (Devo), Freeski, Snowboard as well as the Race team. Working in close collaboration with Bear Valley Mountain, BVSEF provides support in ways which otherwise would not be possible for the Mountain.
The Bear Valley Snowsports Education Foundation (BVSEF) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the support of BearValley’s snow sports athletes in achieving their athletic, academic and personal goals. The programs we support promote the development of essential skills; stimulate interest in competitive events and the positive values of sportsmanship, self discipline, goal setting, character building and the pursuit of healthy lifetime activities.
BVSEF assists BearValley’s competitive teams and development programs by helping to stage intramural, Central Sierra Series and USSA competitions, as well as intensive training camps. Our members assist coaches with training setup, safety monitoring, team communication and administrative tasks. Through fundraising and on-mountain volunteer work, we provide Bear Valley with the necessary parent and community support to develop highly competitive ski and snow sports teams.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide a communication and information resource for all our teams through our TeamBV website and regular email updates
- Organize and run the Rasmussen Classic SL Race, the Far West USSA Central Series race at Bear Valley
- Manage and underwrite NASTAR races at Bear Valley
- Subsidize coach education and participation in USSA annual Congress
- Assist coaches with training setup, safety monitoring, team communication and administrative tasks
- Negotiate group purchase agreements such as MedEvac services, wax, uniforms
- Procure equipment including radio equipment, video cameras, video analysis software and computer for training evaluation, gates, timing equipment, safety gear and other hill supplies
- Publish the Race Team Orientation Guide for new team members
- Provide equipment and coach education for the Adaptive Program
- Assists BVM event staff with events such as Senior Games, BV Ski Club Family Race
Bear Valley Mountain is the manager of of all the team programs which means they hire the coaches, set the schedules, collect the team fees and in general direct all team program activity.