About the Team Programs
The Bear Valley Snowsports Team Program provides a variety of options for skiers and snowboarders who desire to improve their recreational or racing skiing/boarding skills in a team environment. The programs are ideally suited for skiers and snowboarders at an intermediate or advanced level; however there are teams that can accommodate those that can successfully navigate a “green” run in a very controlled manner. Regardless of age or ability, all participants must be able to get on and off a chairlift unassisted.
All programs include a comprehensive individual training plan that will focus on developing and improving the skills of each athlete, providing the opportunity for participants to achieve new skills and become a better skier, rider or competitive athlete. Bear Valley’s coaching staff will train all athletes to successfully engage all snow conditions, terrain, and the opportunity to learn about proper gear and safety.
The Team programs are divided into 3 areas of focus:
- Kodiak Team is a ski development program for children 4-5 years of age that are at a minimum of advanced beginner level and ready to join a team with a season long coach and teammates.
- Youth Development Teams (Ski & Snowboard) are for skiers and riders between 6-17 years of age who are want to improve their ski/boarding technique in a team setting.
- Adult Development Teams (Ski Only), known for a friendly and supportive environment, is the best and most affordable way to improve your skiing technique.
- Development Race Team is for skiers aged 6-17, who are considering ski racing while enjoying the Mountain and improving their technique.
- Race Team, which compete in USSA sanctioned alpine racing events, is a competitive team for strong intermediate to advanced skier athletes aged 6-17 years old who are looking to improve their racing skills, have a passion for racing, and are ready to compete with racers from other resorts.
Registration for all Teams is available on the Bear Valley Resort website. Please click here for complete overview of all the teams and registration. Check out the Snow Sports Team Handbook for team details and how the team program operates. Once you are registered for the Team Program, order your Team Jacket here. Race Team uniforms are available separately, contact your coach.